Friday, September 14, 2007

Sneak Peek



Knitting lace is plenty exciting if you're the one doing it (especially if you sneeze and drop 8 stitches!), but it's not exactly fascinating to read about. It's all puckered and sad. Actually, it vaguely resembles a manta ray - it even has a little tail! So here's a little preview of what the swallowtail shawl will look like. I'm nearing the end of the budding lace charts. I will easily finish that this weekend, and begin on the border section. I anticipate that this will be blocking next weekend.

6 comments:

Karen said...

It's lovely! I can't wait to see it :)

Anonymous said...

This is going to be so very beautiful! I'm absolutely impressed by your lacework and can't wait to see more of it!

Gena said...

It's looking really good!

Julianna said...

thanks for the comment, kristen! The lace looks great, by the way!

Knitting Diva said...

I think lace is exciting...you knit and knit on the quiet piece then about mid way it "comes alive". Your lacework is beautiful!

Rebecca Jo said...

I've never tried lace yet - its too "small" for me! I'll eventually have to break down & do it because its beautiful!