Wednesday, December 31, 2008

One is the Grumpiest Number

If you'll recall from my SAFF post, I acquired some fabulous cashmere from the Sanguine Gryphon, Taiping DK in teal. I was drawn to the yarn because I handled one of her knitted samples of Global Wrist Warmers. It really does feel wonderful!


I finished the first wrist-warmer around Thanksgiving. I love working with the yarn. I was worried that it would be pilly or have a really bad halo after being knit because the yarn feels really delicate. But, it's held up like a champ. It's instantly warm when you put it on, so I'm really excited about finishing the pair.
My gauge is a smidge too big despite going down a needle size - I just don't know how to knit tighter. I really tried to knit tightly with this project. I guess if I haven't figured it out in 4+ years I should just resign myself to being a loose knitter!
Unfortunately, I have yet to cast on for its mate. How does my lonely wristwarmer feel about that? Actually it's been quite clear about its feelings.


Somehow, it reminds me of Oscar the Grouch . . . I think it's the disapproving eyebrows.

No comments: