Sunday, April 8, 2007

I spent much of the afternoon Saturday weaving in the ends on the twist-front top and doing the armhole finishing. Today I gave it a bath (it turned the water green). And laid it out to block before seaming. It's pretty wet, but with the cold weather my heat has been running pretty frequently so that should speed up the drying process. Hopefully it will help to humidify my house over the next day! It took surprisingly long to get the top into the desired dimensions - the yarn became super stretchy when wet and the lace just kept getting bigger and bigger. I finally tamed the beast into something manageable, though.

I wish the weather were more pleasant - I'd hoped to wear it to open knitting night on Wednesday, but I don't think it will be warm enough.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hope you had a nice Easter! I can't wait to see how the top looks on you - how exciting! My options needles came in the mail yesterday..I can't wait to try them out :)